Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mommy Laid an Egg

This book Mommy Laid an Egg is an educational book for kids to teach them about sex and where babies come from. I found this book to be more awkward than controversial. I think that it is written well and it's very informative but it also just made me think how when the time comes to explain to my own children where babies come from, I'd rather just explain it on my own then rely on this book. I don't know that it's necessary to include "ways mommy and daddy fit together" because that's not really even in a child's realm of understanding at a young age. I found this book to be entertaining but mostly because I am old enough to understand the humor of it. I'm not sure that a child would respond very positively to this book. I don't really know that this is controversial because there are plenty books out there about sex for parents who aren't entirely comfortable talking about it themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment