Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hairdo! What We Do and Did to Our Hair


This was my favorite out of my information books assigned for the genre project. The reason why I liked this book so much, written by Ruth Freeman Swain, was because she explains why people wore the hairstyles that they did. I knew about the hippie age and a few others, but many of these hairstyles I didn't know any background for. It doesn't just contain information, there are also great illustrations to go along with the writing that really helps the reader visualize the hair that the author is describing. At the end there is also a "Hairy Information" section that contains a lot of funny and useful information about the stuff that keeps us warm. It gives world records for the longest hair and beard, something that a kid would definitely get a shock out of. This book is really enjoyable and full of new information even for an adult. I highly recommend picking it up!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a fun information book:) As your group found out, there are a lot of information books that realy appeal to kids. This was always a favorite genre in my 5th and 6th gread classes.

    Overall, your blog is looking good. You will want to make sure that you continue to add enough analysis to your posts.

    ReplyDelete