Monday, February 1, 2010

Ladybug Girl


Ladybug Girl by David Soman and Jacky Davis is about a little girl named Lulu, otherwise known as Ladybug Girl, and her morning adventures after her brother labeled her "too little" to play baseball with him and his friends. With her parents out for the morning, Lulu ventures into the backyard to find her own fun. We follow Lulu through her heroic efforts saving a line of ants from a boulder, or a small rock depending on which way you look at it, through rebuilding her fort wall and climbing a tree that makes her feel as tall as it. I didn't love this book. I felt that it lacked a good story. It was a cute idea and the character of Lulu is a positive and relateable one, a girl that just wants to grow up, but I felt like the story wasn't developed as well as it could have been. The illustrations were light and colorful, but they failed to grab me as well as some of the other books that I have been reading lately. Overall, it wasn't a terrible book but I don't think I would recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment